Looking to sell your diamond in Houston? Good news Ace Watch Estate Watch and Jewelry Buyers will buy your diamond. I know you may have tried to sell your diamond to other buyers in Houston. Have you been low balled? Been told sorry we will only add it to the gold weight? How is that fair? Ace Watch Estate Watch and Jewelry Buyer is always looking to buy diamond jewelry. When you are selling your diamond there are a few things you should know. Tiny accent diamonds will not add much value when selling them no matter how much carat weight is there, unless it is being purchased as a finished piece of jewelry. So if you sell a diamond engagement ring in Houston the main value in the ring will be the center stone and the setting not the accent stones. The main reason is most stores have an excess of these small diamonds and even wholesale diamond dealer will not buy these until you match them with at least 100 diamonds of the same size color and clarity which is extremely time consuming. So how do you avoid getting low balled when selling your diamond? Find a place that will buy it as a finished piece of jewelry, like Ace Watch Estate Watch and Jewelry Buyers. I will try to give you as much information as I can so you understand what we mean. While we will buy your diamond jewelry as a finished piece of jewelry there are several factors we have to consider before we will purchase it as a finished piece. First is the design. Is it a current style, classic, or vintage? There are always trends that will be hot for a time then no one wants to wear them anymore. These are not the styles we are looking for. Condition. If the items is extremely worn and would require extensive work to refinish it before we can sell it we can not buy it at a finished jewelry price. A little wear an tear is ok. Most well designed and manufactured jewelry will hold up well and may require just buffing and polishing to get it ready for resale. The best thing you can do is bring in your diamond so we can determine what it is you have.
What Types of Diamond Jewelry We are Looking For.
- G.I.A. Certified Diamonds over 1/2 carats. G.I.A. certified diamonds take the guess work out of the grading of the diamond. It allows us to make a quicker more accurate offer.
- Diamond Engagement Rings over 1/2 carats. While most places only want to buy 1 carat and larger we buy all engagement rings. G.I.A. certified diamond rings will bring extra.
- Diamond Stud Earrings. A staple of every ladies jewelry box. We will buy all diamond stud earrings in any shape, quality and size.
- Diamond Hoops and Designer Earrings. Diamond earrings are one of the most popular pieces of diamond jewelry and we will buy all styles based on condition.
- Diamond Tennis Bracelets. We buy all diamond tennis bracelets that are in good condition. We will buy heavily worn tennis bracelets but they will not bring the same amount.
- Diamond Pendants and Necklaces. We buy all diamond pendants and necklaces based on condition. Again we will buy heavily worn ones just not for the same amount.
The problem when selling diamond jewelry is a lot of the value is in the production costs. While you will never get what you paid for your diamond jewelry, we pride ourselves on making a fair and honest offer. Another issue is you have more than likely had your diamond appraised. This is one the most confusing things to the normal consumer. Appraised value is always higher than even retail. Why? It is simple. When you appraise a diamond the appraiser factors in things like inflation for the replacement value. The reason they do this is because more times than not, your diamond will not be lost or stolen right after you bought it. Appraisers typically will factor in a 10 year inflation mark up to make sure if it is lost or stolen later on down the road you are not stuck trying to replace your diamond only to find out your can’t without shelling out more money from your pocket. This is great if you ever have to file an insurance claim. Heck you may even be able to upgrade it with the claim money. The problem though is it confuses the consumer on the true value of your diamond. We will show you how we determine the value of you diamond when we make you an offer so you understand the process. Just consider when selling a diamond the buyer has to leave room to make a profit.